The OHSAS standard, which stands for “Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems”, has been developed in response to the organisations needs to meet their health and safety obligations in a more effective manner. Being certified in terms of compliance to the OHSAS 18001 requirements proves that the management system of your organisation is able to protect the health and safety of your employees. A health and safety management system should be based on:
- A health and safety policy adapted to the type of the activity of the organisation;
- Identification of the risks and legal requirements related to health and safety;
- Objectives and programmes that would ensure continuous improvement;
- Management activities to control the health and safety aspects;
- Monitoring the performances of the health and safety system;
- Periodical reviews, evaluations and system improvement methods.
- Ensuring the compliance with the legal requirements;
- Reducing the occupational risks;
- Increasing the confidence of the clients and suppliers;
- Meeting the requirements for participating in tenders;
- Decreasing the costs of complying with the legal requirements and other regulations.
NOTE: The laws regarding work health and safety stipulates a significant number of penalty fees for not complying with the norms of health and safety. A well structured and implemented health and safety system leads to avoiding most of these.
In order to design, document and implement this type of system in your organization, ACTA delivers upon request the following services:
- Diagnose audit:
- Organization processes audit;
- Process mapping;
- Evaluation of the policies and practices, objectives and indicators;
- Status report and recommendations;
- System design and documentation (policies, procedures, manual, forms and instructions);
- System implementation (internal communication, training);
- Periodical internal audit; Support in preparing for the certification audit; Second-party auditing (with suppliers or partners);
- Support in second-party auditing with partners and clients;